Statement of Faith
Our faith and beliefs are pretty simple and follow typical Christian tradition. If you’re not familiar with what that encompasses, below is a quick summary. If you’d like to ask us more about them please feel free to contact us.
- God is the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
- Jesus Christ is God’s one and only son, our one and only Savior.
- Jesus was both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary.
- Jesus suffered and was crucified under Pontius Pilate.
- Jesus died, was entombed, and rose again bodily from the dead on the third day.
- Jesus ascended into heaven, now sits at the right hand of the Father, and will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit is an active and operative part of the triune God and indwells every Christian.
- The Bible is God’s Holy Word and Scripture. We believe God inspired the original writings of the Scripture and those writings are consequently without error.
- The Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- The Bible teaches that man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequentially lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- The Bible teaches salvation—the forgiveness of sins—is only by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible teaches that one receives God’s grace by putting faith in and confessing Christ, repenting of sin, and being immersed into Christ.
- The Church (the worldwide body of Jesus’ followers) was founded on the day of Pentecost and consists of all Christians everywhere.